[UK-CONTEST] Field Day Site

Adrian Rees rees.a at btconnect.com
Wed May 23 05:10:42 EDT 2007

Hi all

After reading the thread regarding the local Council requirements for "Risk Assesments" etc, and brief discussion with the other half (gaining clearence....) I am able to offer a contest site for NFD this year.

I own the land (so none of this Health and Safety stuff, if you set fire to yourself thats your problem !) its located 4.5 miles due East of Llangollen (yes a GW prefix) at 1,300 Feet ASL, with clear take off to North, East and South (West is not so good) to the horizon, about 80 - 100miles on a clear day. In fact you can see 10 counties from the field on a clear day.

Quite remote, with only 4 neighbours within a mile or so. No electrical noise problems.

The field is some 4.5 acres in size, occasionaly occupied by sheep.

On site and available to use:

Cushcraft A3S and A3
Plenty (a few hundred metres) of RG213
Plenty (3-400 Feet) of 450 Ohm Open wire feeder.
Enough mast sections and associated kit to to put up a couple of big dipoles etc, at up to 70 Feet.(But you 'll have to put the masts up...I will help. Easy as I can get them up to 45 Feet on my own).
Plenty of wire
A generator (Petrol, 2.2 Kw) and cable (100m)
Also available are various ATU's and bits and pieces.

You will need to provide Tent, Rig and Ops...etc and get the station set up as per the rules, and I can assist.

Llangollen is 4.5 miles away, with good eateries and pubs, and Chirk is 2.5 miles away.

Contact me off list if interested.

Adrian MW1LCR