[UK-CONTEST] N1MM and Microkeyer

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Mon May 28 14:32:07 EDT 2007

On 28 May 2007 at 19:05, Frank Hunter wrote:

> Dave Sergeant wrote:
>
> > Ah, that explains the short pause.... I would have never known at
> > this end.

> You should have seen the blind panic at this end.. ;-)

By the way towards the end of the contest I accidentally typed a
chap's serial number in the callsign field of SD, overwriting his
call. Must have been the excitement of working my serial 300... When
I pressed return to log it the K2 switched to 1103kHz in the Top Band
position. Panic, what have I done, took a few minutes to realise why
the rig seemed to have a new 1100kHz band, by which time I had
unfortunately totally forgotten the chaps call so had to abandon the
QSO...

> > Thanks for the QSOs by the way, it is not often I have the chance to
> > work GI on 10m.
>
> And thank you Dave, I haven't worked so many G's on 20 15 and 10m for
> a long time, you were a great signal for the power levels you run - a
> genuine S7 on 20m.

Yes, thanks Frank. It sometimes amazes  me the sort of signal reports
people give me. I worked an F6 station on 24MHz this morning who was
579 on the meter - he kept saying I was an enormous 599...

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com