[UK-CONTEST] Gin Pole Pulley system

G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 16 11:16:00 EST 2007

Thanks Colin. Mine is similar to Stewart's, maybe a bit neater but then
I have more time available! It was how the rope is strung between the 2
double pulleys I was interested in to get maximum mechanical advantage.
I will be using 3 x 20ft scaffold poles plus a narrower 10ft spole out
of the top section to make up 70ft. I have done it in the past but
recently felt I wasn't getting the best efficiency as it was hard going.
OK, or maybe getting a bit old to be hauling up 70ft gin pole masts in
winter!

I got a 70ft mast up a few weeks ago back but it wasn't very well
engineered and fell down in the wind last week. I have completely
re-engineered it and now looking at the hauling mechanism. This one has
to stay up!

Thanks again. Chris