[UK-CONTEST] Shack heating

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 03:25:09 EST 2007

Peter Hobbs wrote:
>Hi Cris,
>
>Do you have yours ventilated to the outside?   My shack lives in a
>similar sized log cabin of similar volume (5m x 5m) , shared with
>rowing M/C and other kid's paraphernalia, but the main thing is it's
>not far short of air-tight when the door and windows are shut (which
>they always are when it's cold!)  You hear scary tales of CO levels in
>caravans . . .

Aged relatives recently had a visit from the Fire Prevention Officer. He
strongly recommended that they get an electronic alarm, so I just
installed one of these for them, £20 from Screwfix:
http://tinyurl.com/32fazl

Mind you, we also hear scary tales of electronic alarms and RF. I
haven't tested this particular one, but if it ever does go off in the
shack, it will REALLY wake you up!

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek