[UK-CONTEST] SHORT CONTEST CALLS

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Fri Nov 30 05:52:06 EST 2007

Well somebody must already have explained their error, since the newly
arrived GW7X NoV, correctly states "licence". In fact, elsewhere they
even recognise the subtle difference when the verb is implied, as in
"licensee".

I think however that this, and Don's point, although perfectly valid,
tend to overlook a wider issue, which is that the licensing system
itself is in need of some review. That is to say that SCCs and vanity
calls should be revisited to address the aspirations not only of the
contest community, but also the wider constituency of which we are all
part. Perhaps one day  we might achieve a true incentive licensing
system. Since however such systems run contrary to contemporary notions
of political correctness, I am not holding my breath.

73

Clive
GW3NJW