[UK-CONTEST] CW sprint

Contesting contesting at m5aav.org.uk
Fri Oct 5 14:07:44 EDT 2007

Quoting from the message of Fri, 5 Oct 2007 18:26:01 +0100 from "Steve
White" <g3zvw at talktalk.net> :

> I have serious reservations about the exchange of name in the sprint
> contest, especially as a few people decided to change theirs for the
> evening. This may be within the rules, but certainly not within the
> spirit. If something unique needs to be exchanged in addition to a
> serial number, I would like it to be something that levels the playing
> field.

> I made 45 QSOs, which - given the activity level - I thought was OK.

Stating something like that without 'clarification or suggestion' seems
'peculiar'.

Why does the playing field need levelling and what is wrong with names ?

Does it matter [apart from length of time on CW ] if the sent name is Ed
or Englebert - I doubt if many use a key these days anyway, and with
only 45 Q's completed....

Locators perhaps ? 6 characters but prone to errors [like postcodes]

Locations ? I'll still be on Widdup Fell or would you prefer
Barnoldswick <smile>

Graham