[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 57, Issue 13

Marios Nicolaou drmarios at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 05:42:30 EDT 2007

Hi All,

the IOTA contest software works out which qsos are in a different mode to
the category you are claiming and "flags" them. In addtion, as a safety
measure, during the two step activation process we give you the opportunity
to let us know if there are any "special" qsos you would like to bring to
our attention. We then mark all these QSOs as zero points, zero multipliers
and calculate the final score. Thus, we would like you to submit ALL qsos
you have made (with a note during the activation step that they need to be
scored as zero points) as if you remove any QSOs from your log we will take
it that those QSOs have never been made and the other station will lose
credit.

At present, I dont think adding zero points to the cabrillo log is likely to
work very well as currenty there are so many variants of  cabrillo (300+
when I last counted) It will be several years before such information
becomes reliable to use straight from the log itself.

Best 73s

Marios
5B4WN/G0WWW
IOTA contest software developer