[UK-CONTEST] CQWW CW, discipline etc...

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Dec 2 16:03:53 EST 2008

On 2 Dec 2008 at 20:42, johndunnington wrote:

> Thanks Gerry on Saturday at around 0200z not 500Hz spare between 7000
> and 7100 and timed shared QSO's (up to 3-or-4 ) on most QRG's. I tuned
> up and down knocking off stations as I went if you stopped sometimes you
> could pick up a couple of mults on the same QRG..must have been nigh on
> impossible when using anything more than cascaded 250Hz filters. Much
> much better than having dead bands.. might be fun once the full
> allocation is opened up..
>
> Cheers
>
> John G3LZQ

And on this issue, it should be noted in the bandplans that 14099-14101
is reserved for the IBP beacons. I was somewhat disturbed that quite a
lot of big stations were sat right on 14100. Surely this isn't
necessary.

I carefully avoided that window myself and also the psk frequencies.
There should be just a little 'give and take' in these events.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com