[UK-CONTEST] 3X5A (was GM4YXI)

Peter Day microwaves at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 16:02:29 EST 2008

Many thanks for the info Don..

I appear to be one of the fortunates who worked 3X5A on Saturday
(1219z). I have to say I was amazed your operator at the time came
back as my real report would have been RST319 at best!!! Neverthless
you came straight back. You guys have fantastic ears:-)

Many thanks for the five bands 80-10m. (four of them being new ones).

I only use the CQWW Contests to get some new entities.... otherwise I
hate the darn thing! Give me the Commonwealth and Oceania contests
anytime.

Gear here: 400W o/P to A3S at 32ft agl. Inverted V dipoles for 80/40m.
Very poor location to the south and west.

BTW... re the debate on ethics and operating in contests etc... how
about going back to giving real reports? That would sort out the men
from the boys :-)) I have some old pencil and paper logs from the
NFDs of the '60s.. real reports.. oh joy!

73

Peter G3PHO