[UK-CONTEST] Deaf 756 pro III

Marios Nicolaou drmarios at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 07:59:05 EST 2008

Hi Clive

thanks for the reply!

The radio was working OK beforehand and the display was very
active.The display/scope is now flat. I  tried ANT1/2 selection and
there were no signals. I plugged the antenna directly still same
problem. I havent tried using a receiving antenna to see if this makes
a difference (antenna relay should be bypassed this way). I will do so
this weekend!

Thanks for your input

73s

Marios
G0WWW
5B4WN

Well not on either of mine there isn\'t!

Frying sounds unlikely. More likely in my experience is selecting the
wrong antenna- topmost button to the left of the screen. This is easily
done in the heat of the battle and doesn\'t leap off the display at you.
Can be checked visually in no time. I hope I\'m right.

More seriously keying of a legacy amplifier such as the SB220, without
an intermediate relay or solid state switch,  will fry the PRO3 antenna
c/o relay. This is verrry poor design I have to say.

73

Clive
GW3NJW

--