[UK-CONTEST] CQ WW M/M QRP Record

Jiri Culak Jiri.Culak at lwss.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 08:21:44 EST 2008

Hi there,

Now from a bit different approach. I hope you will like it and find it
both challenging and funny.

I have been kindly asked by my good friend OK2RZ to translate and post
following info. I believe guys back at home QTH had great fun and I can
possibly see others joining soon?? :-)

*

If you got problems viewing this email click on:

http://djspike.myvnc.com/ok2rrr

Are you tired of keeping your Henry 8K within 1500W levels?

Are you tired of key clicks, splatters and Cluster fueled pile ups?

Do you want to test yours skills rather than your equipment?

Want to check out if great play could be achieved with small
figureheads?

Then please let us introduce You the first but hopefully not last CQ WW
CW M/M QRP Team Effort of OK2RRR...

... The time has come to a change, let's have a fun again!

This year we have been constantly thinking about what to do next and
what is going wrong with contesting.

Someone mentioned while having few pints that we should do M/M in QRP
levels, but problem arouse instantly, that nobody will believe that we
will run QRP levels.

Than someone else pointed out that he own several FT-817s and idea was
born.

Let me therefore introduce you first successful attempt on CQ WW M/M QRP
Record in CW Leg by OK2RRR Radio Club.

CALL: OK2RRR

QTH: Jistebnik (OK2RZ)

RIGs: 6 x FT817 with 300Hz CW Filters

4 Independent shacks, 14 different antennas. Bold means man system.

160       vertical             INV-V-160 at 24m

80         vertical             INV-V-80 at 17m           4el-YAGI-80 at 36m
1el-Delta-80 at 20m

40         vertical             slop.dipole-40 at 24m
2el-Delta-40-collinear at 20m 1el-Delta-80 at 20m

20         3el-3bander at 17m         2el-Delta-rotary at 25m
2el-Delta-20-collinear at 20m       1el-Delta-80 at 20m

15         3el-3bander at 17m      dipole at 22m      slop.dipole-40 at 24m
1el-Delta-80 at 20m

10         3x6a-el at 22m 6el-fix-USA at 22m       6-2el-fix-JA at 22m
3el-3bander at 17m

Pictures of Antennas: http://ok1if.c-a-v.com/OK2RRR/anteny.htm

Operators:  http://ok1if.c-a-v.com/OK2RRR/persony.htm

Conclusions: Having high bands completely closed most of the day and
focusing on LF bands, pretty hard going but 80 W's on 160m first
night.... Not bad for FT-817!

Anyway, even though it was hard going it was more challenging and MUCH
MORE FUN!

72 Jiri OK2RZ

Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty   ZN

         1,8     391     439   50    9

         3,5     730     992   72   17

            7     560     963  105  31

          14     420     973   88   29

          21      67     157   29    16

          28      17      21   12       5

       Total    2185    3545  356  107

            Score : 1 641 335

OK, I hope you enjoyed little-big fun play from our contest group back
home and may be it will bring some followers soon.

73

Jiri M0ITY / OK2IT