[UK-CONTEST] OX5AA in CQWW CW

Andrew ac6wi at comcast.net
Tue Dec 16 15:59:08 EST 2008

g3wvg at btinternet.com wrote:

> Apologies ..but a bit of random text seems to have crept into the link in my
> last posting .this looks better..

Looks chilly!  I think KC1XX would appreciate what you went through as
he sustained major antenna damage this past Friday when an ice storm
rolled through the north-east of the US.  Some really depressing
pictures are at http://gallery.me.com/wlmyers which show 1.5 - 2" or
radial ice on antenna elements along with many broken elements _and_
booms!!.  I guess that's one thing going for the temperate, wet climate
of the UK.... you don't get ice loading like this!

I think K1TTT sustained damage as well but I haven't seen any pictures yet.

Andrew AC6WI / GI0NWG