[UK-CONTEST] 80M CC SSB - good and bad

Ray - G4FON ray at g4fon.co.uk
Tue Feb 5 02:52:47 EST 2008

For once I had no trouble finding a clear frequency and holding it! That is if you consider clear to be S9+ noise!

The bad side was that I only worked 9 stations! In contrast, a GM station which gave me 54 only 17 minutes into the contest!

After a while calling CQ, I decided to work out how to use the voice keyer on my new FT2000 and was deep in the manual when a
station actually called me. The logging software window was, by this time, underneath PDF version of the FT2ooo manual and I made a
complete c*ck up of the QSO!

Hay-ho, in March is usually starts to get better, but I to work a few more in the data and CW legs later in the month.

73

Ray, G4FON