[UK-CONTEST] 19" Flat screen monitors

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 16 08:38:49 EST 2008

I've discovered that when the beam is pointing directly at the shack,
that I have a series of weak carriers on 21Mhz, which emanate from my
LG  Flatron M198WA-BZ monitor( which contains a TV tuner). I kick myself
for not having spotted this sooner ( although it's quite new in the
shack anyway), and of course I couldn't have known in advance. Probably
in a wide open band, this wouldn't be a problem, but in the current
conditions ( dead band here today).....

More importantly how do I guarantee finding a clean unit? Well I guess
one way is to ask if any of you blokes have found such, so I'd be
grateful for any recommendations. Sadly 19" is about the maximum that
will fit in my limited shack space.

73

Clive
GW3NJW