[UK-CONTEST] 80m and ADSL

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Fri Jan 11 06:36:11 EST 2008

Hi John

There is no inherent problem as I also run a Butternut at up to 400w, as
well as an HF yagi and have no problems, with a wireless router actually
about 4ft from the amp. and antenna switch

Do you get the problem into a dummy load, that would be quite a
significant test to do.

I suspect that clip on ferrite is minimally effective at HF in general,
and 1.8/3.5 Mhz in particular.

What might be relevant is that when I moved to this QTH I had serious
trouble with RF- on 3.5Mhz only- tripping my burglar alarm. Things are
better now, but one of the problems was that RF was getting into the
house wiring, and feeding into the system via "the  back door". In such
situations, I find that winding the mains lead onto a toroid is quite
effective.

wrt Your other query, BT's "home hub" has a "manager" which can report
on all sorts of stuff.

hth

73

Clive