[UK-CONTEST] 80m and ADSL

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Fri Jan 11 07:32:56 EST 2008

On 11 Jan 2008 at 11:39, Graham Diacon wrote:

> I have exactly the same problem here with my ADSL connection. I've
> tried ferrite cores (as opposed to clip ons) on all the cables into
> and out of the router but without success. I've come to accept that as
> 3.5MHz is within the ADSL bandwidth there's little that I can do. I'd
> be delighted if someone could prove me wrong.
>
> Graham
> G8EWT

3.5MHz is NOT in the ADSL bandwidth. Standard ADSL goes up to
1104kHz, the Max service which many in the UK have goes up to around
1.8MHz and ADSL2 to be introduced next year to about 2.1MHz.

Remember that you need to stop rf getting into your PHONE line, it is
not usually the modem/router itself where the problem is. It depends
very much on the balance of your incoming line and what extension
cabling you have - The so called 'Ring' wire upsets the balance and
can be a cause of disconnections, you can disconnect this when all
your phones are fed via filters as these replicates the ring
capacitor. Better, if you really do have a problem, is to fit a ADSL
splitter box at the master socket and run your router off that.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com