[UK-CONTEST] G4RCG AFS and Key Clicks

John Muzyka g4rcg at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 14:48:54 EST 2008

Seeing that there has been quite a few comments from stations about loud key clix's shouldnt these offending (alledigley) stations be advised about them as they cant hear them and could be quite oblivious to the problem, I personally did not hear them but did hear some HUGE signals, GD0EMG was just about touching to + 60db on my Orion meter

  Good fun as usual, worked 263 with 1 dupe (sorry Ian GM3SEK my typo) good start with 100 in the1st hour but it didnt last, best DX was 5B4AGN and RM9RZ

  Will see how I go on in the SSB on Saturday (yes I said SSB!)
  John G4RCG

Ray - G4FON <ray at g4fon.co.uk> wrote:
  The Newbury club fielded three teams this year and were pleased with the results

Team A

G3KLH 2660
G3ZGC 2560
G0ORH 2450
G3RVM 2440

10110

Team B

G4FON 2290
G3XVR 2260
2E0KOP 1220
G3WYW 1100

6870

Team C

G3SVD 1040
G8MIA 760

1800

Conditions seemed pretty good with excellent signals from GM and GD/MU as well as one or two dx stations but surprisingly few DL's.

There did seem to be an awful lot of key clicks on the band this year though, which a pity.

Thanks to everyone for the QSO's and see you in the SSB leg on Saturday.

73

Ray, G4FON