[UK-CONTEST] Re the UK DX RTTY

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 21 19:03:45 EST 2008

GW was available on 20m Sunday morning Phil, albeit my antenna was down
at 15ft ( due to the very strong winds) beaming West straight into the
wall of the house. However I worked an FG5 and a YV5 that way.

The chief problem I found was poor operating practices. One CT persisted
in sending me his exchange despite the fact that I hadn't even responded
to him after my CQ! And what's it all about when people insist on
sending my exchange back to me; I do know what I sent! I can cope with
this sort of stuff when it happens on CW, but find it difficult on RTTY.
Now if only I could send Baudot on my paddle. !

Somehow the mode doesn't seem the same without reams of paper everywhere
and the delicious aroma of hot oil on the 7B gears. It's definitely
second best to CW but way way ahead of SSB in my book.

See you in the "Sprint"?

73

Clive
GW3NJW