[UK-CONTEST] qrm

peter Jackson peter.jackson17 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 11 08:56:45 EDT 2008

Hi, in the last CC80M cw contest I experienced a new type of qrm. I was called by a G3DIN a very weak station, I never received a serial number despite sending twice. Then I was called by a GM and I am sure it was the same operator same strength pitch and fist, and again he never gave me a number, then he gave me G5LP, thinking Lionel had a guest op working qrp I went back to him again no reply. So I sent MORON slowly and he got the message. I wasted 4 minutes with him which is a long time in a 90min contest.
I always thought CW was a gentleman's mode but it now attracts the same idiots as SSB.
73 Pete G3KNU