[UK-CONTEST] GB7HQ support

gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jul 14 19:56:16 EDT 2008

"Why can't the UK amateur radio community
come together for one day at least  and support the GB team?"

Paul (and all other HQ ops)

You can bet your last cent that the same situation occurs in every
other IARU country - otherwise TM0HQ or other stations in countries
with a similar population as the UK would have walked away with a win
every year.

I respectfully suggest you should concentrate (and congratulate
yourself in the process) on the positive aspects of this year's
operation - and that included a lot of support from UK stations.
The killjoys will always be as such - they are the bain of all the
triers and go-getters in whatever hobby, pursuit or interest, and only
show themselves up as losers in the process.  I have found the easiest
way to deal with these types is to ignore them.

The RSGB have nailed their colours to the mast through supporting the
GB7HQ operation and indeed urged, in last month's RadCom, all members
to contact GB7HQ; perhaps they will now rethink their position when it
comes to publishing the same old anti-contest diatribe in "The Last
Word" which directly conflicts with the Society's position concerning
the IARU Contest.

It would be interesting to see how many different stations in the UK
worked GB7HQ - even better if a full write-up were to appear in RadCom.

73 de Cris
GM4FAM