[UK-CONTEST] GB7HQ support

gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk gm4fam at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 09:30:48 EDT 2008

Colin
I am not against anyone having an opinion nor their right to air their
views.

What I AM against is the continual non-constructive and morale-sapping
criticism about a specific activity which has been in existence since
well before I was born.

When I receive my RadCom each month I want to see evidence of, and
read news about, people DOING something - it doesn't matter a fig that
sometimes at least half of the content is of no particular interest to
this reader; what it SHOULD show to anyone who goes through its pages,
whether newcomer, casual reader or anyone else is that the RSGB's
publication for members reflects its total support for positive
activity and a diverse interest in all things Amateur Radio.  I would
contend that the RSGB's well-intentioned aim of being a democratic
organisation and continually allowing this sterile anti-contest debate
in its journal's pages benefits no-one in the end, whatever the opinion
of the audience - it could even turn potential members away.

Let the anti brigade start their own journal to rival the popular pro-
contest NCJ; they could even use the same  abbreviated title which
would stand for Non-Contest Journal - I bet it wouldn't get past Issue
1.

73 Cris
GM4FAM