[UK-CONTEST] RadCom made me smile!

MM0BQI MM0BQI at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 17 09:57:20 EDT 2008

Well it's not us contesters getting it in the neck this time in the Last Word, it's those pesky special event station channel hogs!  Another case of let's shoot our hobby in the foot and give a whole  page column of negativity to something that should have been sorted out locally.  The letter writer would have made better use of his time by doing a wee instructional article using his vast experience and knowledge.
Then again, nearly two columns discussing resistor symbols takes your breath away. I suspect that everyone who looked at the drawing knew it was a resistor and those that didn't guessed!
And finally, on the Club News page, the Wakefield Club will be so disapointed when they turn up to their DXpedition to Holy Island next Monday and Tuesday only to find the IOTA contest is the following weekend!
On that note, MM0Q will be active from EU92 during the contest.  QSOs on all bands and modes very welcome.  Enjoy!
73
Jim,  MM0BQI