[UK-CONTEST] R33 Stations

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Sat Jul 19 05:26:37 EDT 2008

On 19 Jul 2008 at 9:05, Dave Lawley wrote:

> A perfect example is this weekend's Russian Radiosport Team
> Championship, which is an 8-hour contest on 40, 20, 15 and 10. It's on
> right now (Saturday morning) and finishes at 4pm. You can log using your
> favourite program, SD WT N1MM or whatever, set up for the IARU contest.
> The main aim is to work the 21 two-man teams using R33 callsigns. They
> are all located in the same geographical area just south of Moscow, with
> half a kilometre separation between each station. This event is a 'dress
> rehearsal' for the next WRTC in 2010. More info here
> http://wrtc.radio-sport.net/rrtc08_pre.htm

Thanks for the information on that contest Dave. Although I remember
seeing something about it recently, it does not appear in any of the
usual contest calendars. I was a bit puzzled to listen down on 20m this
morning and find it full of contest stations, my reaction was
immediately 'another of these damn WSEM things...'. It is perhaps a
pity they had not managed to publicise it more.

By the way, the reason I was looking at 20m was because G0IAY, a friend
of one of our club members, is apparently operating BT1OB at the
Olympics special station today. I gather they are on 14033/14047/14190.
Those of you with beams may have a look, but guess there will be little
path to the G3YMC...

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com