[UK-CONTEST] VHF NFD

David Barber david.barber at dbelectronics.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 09:19:03 EDT 2008

Are the points not more relevant when looked at from a different
perspective?

If we agree that there is an increase in "family-friendly" contest
participation, by which I assume we mean short contests primarily operating
from home.  And that there is a decrease in activity in field events, full
weekend, NFD, etc. then surely what is in question is not the overall
participation but the "community spirit" that these field events engendered.

Groups of individuals coming together, each with a particular contribution
to getting the job done and, dare I say it, having a good time doing it.

David