[UK-CONTEST] [SPAM] Re: N1MM glitch

Clive Whelan clive.whelan at btinternet.com
Wed Jul 30 19:15:18 EDT 2008

Steve

Glad you sorted it. These bugs are often transient as you have just
found. The prog. is great and the team are A list, but of course it uses
both Visual Basic and Access, both from those super people ( NOT) at
Microsoft, so getting out, turning around three times and restarting the
engine, is often the first remedy.

As you say I wouldn't get out of bed on contest day without ESM.

As others have said the prog. is in perpetual beta mode, but the support
is so good, and reversion so easy that there's little point in being
behind the game- well except before IOTA perhaps ;-)

73

Clive
GW3NJW

Steve Campbell wrote:
> Hi, and thanks to Chris, Clive & Darrell for replying. Well I've reloaded N1MM and the problem has gone away - I'm kicking myself for not trying this first before posting. Clive, for info, the problem was with any F key, using ESM (which I prefer) and the problem was persistent. Finally, I would just like to add that while I've only posted a few times I've been a member of this reflector for a couple of years or so and read the posts daily. It's a great place to pick up tips. Thanks again.
>
> 73's de Steve - GM4OSS
>

>> From: g0hvq at talktalk.net
>> To: uk-contest at contesting.com
>> Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 18:27:01 +0100
>> Subject: Re: [UK-CONTEST] N1MM glitch
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> Not familiar with the MicroHam keyer but I used N1MM on CW via a USB/serial
>> port converter and a homebrew interface (lots of ccts on the www) to an
>> IC7400 and don't get the symptoms you describe.
>>
>> Clutching at straws, but can I suggest opening up the keyer and/or
>> monitoring the USB line with a multimeter to determine if it's the
>> software/PC keying up the interface (and hence the radio), or something in
>> the interface keying the radio on it's own? Or borrowing another interface
>> from someone near you? Or knocking up a quick interface, should only need a
>> few components.
>>
>> I only started using N1MM in the past year but am a complete convert,
>> although this IOTA was the first time I'd used the CW facility.
>>
>> 73
>> Darrell

>>> N. Ireland, EU122. Raw score 1042 QSOs - 210 Mults - 1,466,010 points)
>>> 73's de Steve - GM4OSS