[UK-CONTEST] NFD

Ken Eastty ken.g3lvp at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 11 09:14:58 EDT 2008

I can't understand what Brizzle are moaning about when for all their
problems they were already ahead of us by 2036. We have no excuses,
everything worked apart from having to use a manual ATU when the auto unit
failed during setting up and even when our main genny started playing up we
only lost a few minutes getting the back-up on line. 'We' were caught out by
the FT1K, I couldn't understand why signals were so weak on 40m until
eventually someone realised that the RX front end was off frequency,
apologies to those who didn't get a reply, back to a basic (fool proof)
radio in future?
However as this was our first NFD entry for many years and the first time on
NFD for two of our operators you had all better watch out next year!

73...

Ken G3LVP
(G5BK/P Cheltenham ARA)