[UK-CONTEST] Wind Farms and VHF

John MacLean MMOCCC mm0ccc at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Jun 17 11:47:40 EDT 2008

Jim

At apprrx 120deg from our VHF Site, we beam across wind Turbines on the
opposite side of the Solway Firth.  A fair distance away, but we are
convinced that the noise on 2m increases due to the turbines.  I recall
somone from Mid-Lanark ARS also commenting that wind turbines (very) close
to a VHF site they used had caused problems on 6m and 2m.

73
John MM0CCC