[UK-CONTEST] Planning Permission

Ken Eastty ken.g3lvp at btinternet.com
Sat Jun 21 18:02:29 EDT 2008

Darrell,

I'd echo the pervious comments about not being too specific about the
antennas to be used, my planning permission was just for 'amateur radio
aerials'. You definitely don't want to be winding that tower up & down too
often, even my little thirty footer is a bit of an effort to wind up and
that sixty footer is really hard work, I know as I did it a few times in the
past. However leaving it up at full height would be asking for trouble
unless it's guyed, when guyed it was left up at full height with the TB3, 2
& 70cm antennas for a number of years without any problems.
I expect that you will have an objection from the same person who complained
about our generator during NFD (from about 200 yds away) luckily you are
guaranteed of at least one letter of support as long as you put an aircraft
warning light on top!

73....

Ken