[UK-CONTEST] Pics for Yearbook

don.field at gmail.com don.field at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 06:23:48 EDT 2008

Somewhat related to my last post, I have about one more week to find some
good contesting pictures for Steve White G3ZVW who is putting together the
next RSGB Yearbook. If you have anything suitable please send to me
a.s.a.p. (don.field at gmail.com is best for me, as it can handle large
attachments).

 As a PS to my earlier piece, I actually believe Tim G4VXE has done a
great job in using the new RadCom format whereby his column no longer has
to carry results (because they appear in the twice-yearly supplement), so
can be used for encouragement, advice, etc. And there are annual feature
articles on IOTA, Commonwealth Contest, the Field Days, etc. So I don't
believe the naysayers are entirely correct. (Incidentally, what with the
Activity Contests, 80m CC events, etc. RSGB actually runs many more
contests than ARRL, albeit many of them are short and sweet. But the
workload is quite significant and I cannot thank my Contest Committee team
enough - it's only since taking on the Chairman's role that I have become
fully aware of the amount of effort that goes on behind the scenes. Just
handling correspondence is quite a task in itself, for example when
entrants send "odd" logs or don't make their category or Club clear)

 I am agog as to what Richard CWI has in store for us in the next RadCom
..

 Don G3XTT