[UK-CONTEST] Wire antennas slung over trees

Ken Chandler g0orh at sky.com
Tue Mar 4 08:23:12 EST 2008

Going /P!!!
I use a 12' beach caster to fire a line over the tallest of tree's. With a
orange marker tied about 4 foot up from a fishing weight (I use 4 - 6oz)
onto a shock leader line of about 70lb breaking strain, shoot a line over
the very top of your chosen tree. Next untie the lead weight and attach a
small diameter rope, then wind in the line onto the fishing reel, fix your
antenna on the rope and put it back over secure it to the base of the tree &
do likewise on the other tree. I can put up a top band dipole in less than
30minutes, over 60ft high!!
You can also use the same method for a 40m sloper, etc.

Ken..G0ORH