[UK-CONTEST] Aerial Mounting?

Cooper, Stewart coopers at odl.co.uk
Fri May 16 16:23:34 EDT 2008

I have a Force 12 20m 4 ele yagi with riveted elements. I break up the boom into sections with the elements already attached at the appropriate places and progressively winch up the tower as I attach the boom sections. This does require a little ingenuity when it comes to attaching the truss - but basically it too is progressively attached. On my Trident 15m beam one side of the elements are not riveted and I do what Chris and Dave suggest and add the tapering element bits as the tower is raised, but on 15m it's easier of course, 'cos de elements is shorta.
Either way, I would strongly advise against any sort of swivelling arrangement at the mast head. Use as big a clamp as you can find/make. Even the patented Force 12 EZ-Klamp or whatever it's called (boom to mast clamp) is a waste of time. I have a broken one to prove that.
73
Stewart
GM4AFF

Stewart Cooper
Maintenance Systems Engineer

ODL
Buchanan House  Summer Street  Aberdeen  UK  AB10 1SJ

Tel (Direct) +44 (0)1224 628039
Tel (S'board) +44 (0)1224 628000
Fax +44 (0)1224 643325