[UK-CONTEST] Re the 5NN etc

Phil Cooper pcooper at guernsey.net
Mon May 26 12:51:45 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Some interesting comments about the issue of 5NN.
Quite a few folk do this on RTTY, where it is not only pointless, but a
waste of time, as it incurs an extra letters shift to send!

Much as I would like a decent QSO at times, as a GU, that is almost
impossible most of the time!
I spent quite some time on 10, 12 and 17m RTTY over the weekend, and had a
great pile-up going on 12m on a rainy Saturday afternoon, and despite an
attempt to have a non-rubber stamp QSO with a couple of stations, I had
stations calling and calling, so it had to be a 599 TU style operation.

Most pleasing to see the higher bands open this weekend, and great fun too.

73 all

Phil GU0SUP