[UK-CONTEST] Beam tilting

Alan Hydes afh at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue May 27 18:26:54 EDT 2008

There is a simple but effective solution that we used at G6YB/P about 10
years ago to mount 20m and 15m 4ele  monobanders on one tower.   It's not a
very good photo, but you can probably see the principle.

http://www.g3xsv.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/nfd96.jpg

It was a hinge that consisted of a threaded bar running through a piece of
tubing clamped to the mast. Two short lengths of ali tube hung from either
side held on by nuts.  Each was clamped to the boom of the antenna.

The only downside of this arrangement was that in high winds the boom could
flap away from the mast putting the antenna at a bit of an angle.  It could
do with a latching arrangement if used for a permanent installation.

73

Alan G3XSV