[UK-CONTEST] PVC end caps- solved

Paul_group paul_group at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Thu May 29 02:16:20 EDT 2008

G3SJJ wrote:
> Thanks everyone for the responses. Some useful pointers but the best was
> from Bob G1ZJP. Silicone sealant. Found I still had some external grade
> sealant left and squirted it into each element end. When it has cured I
> can trim the excess off with a sharp Stanley knife.

Be cautious of the acetic acid which is present in the curing process,
The acidic fumes will travel up the inside of the element tube to the
centre of the driven element or into any traps etc.

16 very carefully made 70cm driven elements ended up in my local
landfill as a result of this.

Farnell sells none corroding sealant which of course resolves the above
issue.

Regards Paul

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI