[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 160m Club Calls

Callum M0MCX callum at mccormick.uk.com
Sun Nov 9 18:51:45 EST 2008

>>> only moving a few hundred Hz, to avoid some splatter

Lucky you, at the second the contest started, we had an extreme splatter
1.7kHz up from a large station from the south. He told me to tough it out
and that was life. No compromise. Nice guy.

Yes, I remember your FT101MkIII (I had one once!) - that sort of "corners
bashed" vintage sound!! :)

Anyway, 107 in the log with about 50% running and 50% S&P, horizontal delta
loop at 85 feet operating M0XXT from Dorridge Scout Group (Hut!). N1MM
running DXserial.

I had to turn three stations away that I just couldn't hear, two from
central EU and a G station that just couldn't  cut through, although I had
severe QRN for about 10 minutes (as well as some QRM from time to time) and
XYL on the telephone for 20 minutes at 10:00pm (what Q code is that..?). Not
tracked the QRN down yet, we get afflicted from it once in a while - feels
like a thermostat.

Anyway, thanks all for the fun.

Cheers,

Callum McCormick