[UK-CONTEST] Re QTC in WAEDC RTTY

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Fri Nov 14 01:50:42 EST 2008

On 13 Nov 2008 at 21:54, Darrell G0HVQ wrote:

> And some of younger ones :-)
>
> I dunno, I tuned 15m on Sun morning and couldn't work anyone 'cos they
> were all sending QTCs to each other. I thought the point of a contest
> was to work each other (tongue firmly in cheek).
>
> Sorry, the QTC thing just puts me off hence I didn't enter, but was
> happy to give a few points away though (bonfire night got in the way
> too).
>
> 73
> Darrell G0HVQ

I don't want to start one of those controvertial threads but you are
not alone in this respect Darrell. QTCs are the one and only reason why
I stay clear of the contest bands whenever there is a WAE contest on.
As a QRP operator it irks me enormously when waiting to work some nice
dx station and he goes into QTC mode. I liken it to Mornington Crescent
to which it has an uncanny similarity.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com