[UK-CONTEST] Re QTC in WAEDC RTTY

Dez Watson g3ww.dez at virgin.net
Fri Nov 14 06:14:35 EST 2008

As others have posted regarding QTC's, you either love 'em or hate 'em.

The idea behind sending and/or receiving QTC's is I think traffic
(message) handling, which, when done
effeciently, can give you a real buzz. It's also a great way to pick up
10 easy points, and
a lot quicker than finding 10 new stations to work.

I agree with Dave, BUO that allowing packet for all entrants took away
quite a bit of the magic from
the WAE contests. If DARC re-introduced an 'un-assisted' category, then
the WAE contests
would be #1 on my list of contests to enter each year.

73

Dez