[UK-CONTEST] GC4CC entry for RSGB Club Calls Contest

Andy Swiffin a.l.swiffin at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Nov 26 04:07:00 EST 2008

>>> On 25/11/2008 at 19:54, in message <492C57DA.6060209 at 5b4agn.net>, Bob Henderson
<bob at 5b4agn.net> wrote:
> There are those of us who cut our teeth on paper tape who still think a
> 3.5 inch floppy rather hi-tech.
>
> Not me of course. ;-)

ahh yes, paper tape, my mum used to be able to read it...    seriously...  Part of her job at one time was manually reading the paper tape to verify the salary data that was on it.    And then there are cards of course - I may even have a card deck somewhere - my first Algol 60 programs went in on cards.

"johndunnington" <johndunnington at johndunnington.karoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Bob I guess many don't realise we had 3 different sizes of Floppy.. 3.5",
> 5.25", and the famous 8". Still have a machine about the size & weight of a
> good linear amplifier which runs the 8" Version complete with its 32K RAM

Ahh yes,  8" 128Kb floppies, but if I remember rightly the (desktop) machine was a LOT bigger than any of the linears around these days.

ahhh, nostalgia aint what it used to be.

Andy
gm8oeg
(who's rig is a TS830 and the 2M amp is the same 4cx250 he always had :-)

The University of Dundee is a registered Scottish charity, No: SC015096