[UK-CONTEST] 160m

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Thu Oct 2 20:08:45 EDT 2008

> But to avoid disappointment don't try calling into any of the 80m 'old
> boys'
> nets otherwise you are likely to receive a very frosty reception that's if
> they'll talk to you at all.
> Ken
> G3LVP

I think that's a bit of a generalisation Ken.  Our local Horsham club net
(the BADNET, or Billingshurst & District Net, 3722 at 10AM on Sunday
mornings these 50 years and more will be found very welcoming to all,
including newcomers (and I don't think you're that far away Tammie).  OK,
some of us may go on a bit, but everyone has their turn, which is duly
commented on by all.  I can't imagine we're unique!

73
Peter G3LET