[UK-CONTEST] 21/28MHz similar to 70MHz

Roger Cooke g3ldi at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 14:17:13 EDT 2008

Hi.

  I had to smile at some of the comments. It reminded me of one VHF NFD when I was asked to "man" the 70Mhz station on the Sunday. I started at around 10 a.m.   I had a visit from one of the ops at around 4 p.m. He casually asked how I was doing. He must have missed the hair on the grass, my weird behaviour somewhat resembling a fit, the foam coming from my mouth plus one or two other things. I told him I had worked one new station. He was over the moon with delight!  It wasn't exactly how I felt!  Needless to say I have never volunteered for that band again.

  I do hope the 21/28 contest stays however, not that I took part, butit does serve a purpose in that sometimes those bands do have some propagation but nobody calls. Everybody just listens. Congrats to those with the stamina who stayed the course.

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.