[UK-CONTEST] Multi-anything somewhere near London need a spare Op for a while on Sunday?

Gerry Lynch gerrylynch at freenetname.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 16:23:10 EDT 2008

I'm going to a friend's wedding in London on Saturday which is, of
course, the Saturday of CQWW SSB.  It was bad planning on his part, but
as he is one of my bestest friends in the whole world and he isn't even
a ham, I'll have to forgive him.

I had thought that I wouldn't mind as it's 'only SSB', but as this would
be the second year in a row of missing it (work commitments last year) I
find I am getting severe withdrawal symptoms...  I feel the need to
listen to 40 over 9 QRM on 40, and shout "59 14" into a microphone in
the middle of the night to someone who can't even hear me.

So, could anyone use an experienced contest op for a while on Sunday?
Running is good of course, but I am a total mult-slut as well.  I don't
think this is going to be one of those up all night weddings, either, so
I am free probably from very late on Saturday night until whatever time
I would have to leave to get an 8 p.m. flight from Heathrow.

I realise this is very late notice, so don't feel guilty or obligated.

In case anyone doesn't know me, don't worry, I know my 6Y5s from my 7O1s.

73

Gerry GI0RTN