[UK-CONTEST] Call sign Dyslexia

Paul_group paul_group at greenrover.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 05:07:36 EDT 2008

My call quite often gets the G dropped and you can sense the
disappointment when your qso partner realises that you are in "14" so
its just another G :-))

As usual I recorded the event and was therefore able to listen to my
monitor audio in one channel, by post mixing in a bit of qrn/m its
obvious that my short *golf* bit becomes an indistinguishable mumble..
hmmm.. I'm going to try changing from Golf to Germany for the next one
and see if it helps.

In terms of shorter calls and vanity calls, well it would certainly be a
bonus to be able to send something a bit shorter in eme and ms. (before
you say it - yes we do have ms and eme contests) and I would suggest
that those that want them for VHF should be equally entitled to apply
for any that are up for grabs.

For me, my call seems to have worked quite well for a number of years so
I think I'll stick to it.

I can hear it in the pileups now:

dx - W8IZR your 59 05

me - hang on I gave you the wrong call....

--
73 de Paul GW8IZR IO73TI
http://www.gw8izr.com