[UK-CONTEST] What is the best VHF Radio

John Lemay john at carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 05:47:29 EDT 2008

Neil

If you do a Google you will find :-

http://lea.hamradio.si/~s53rm/JAVORNIK%20144.htm

Take care with the FT1000mp. Overall it's a very good rig, but the dynamic
range on 28MHz (the frequency most of us use for transverting) is much
poorer than on 14MHz (where most of the reviewers do the receiver testing).

I believe there is a general feeling these days that it is often your
neighbours transmit signal which is the limiting factor, rather than your
receiver. However, as Jiri says, most black boxes are a compromise, and
operating with a noise blanker on can make even the best signals sound awful
!

GL

John G4ZTR