[UK-CONTEST] SSB field Day 2008 - M5ARC/P

Jim Balls jim at j1mbo.f9.co.uk
Mon Sep 8 06:30:07 EDT 2008

Bands were poor especially on Sunday, only 2 operators this year which
made it hard going at times as we had no "little knob" man.
Plagued with rf interference problems on the audio at the start of the
contest which didn't seem to be evident in the et up and testing.
Some heavy showers but all in all weather was OK.

20M by far the best band but listening to other UK stations they were
hearing much more than us, location was the main factor I guess.

Just wish we could get a larger team together so we could actually do
this one properly and find a more suitable take off location.

On the + side the FT2000 worked really well, latest firmware update and
no issues from swamping or close in interference. It seemed more user
friendly and quieter than the FT1000 MKV with Inrads.

Anyway a little down on last year:-

         Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty
         3.5     228     942   28
           7     156     604   28
          14     529    1744   63
          21      37     155   12
          28       3      12    2
       Total     953    3457  133

           Raw Score : 459,781

Jim M0CKE - Wisbech Amateur Radio & Electronics Club.