[UK-CONTEST] Best Radio & 2m Trophy activity.

Jiri Culak Jiri.Culak at lwss.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 20:02:39 EDT 2008

Haven't noticed the 40QSOs bit...
I was running G0KPW station this year and was dreadfully disappointed
with UK activity. I am not big fan of banning skeds over WWConv or KST
as it helps small stations to work further distance and from my point of
view it destroys even now poor UK VHF/UHF activity. Marconi Memorial is
another story with even less G's on band. You do not need to have super
station to work DX and last Marconni's contest proved it when QSOs over
1000km were common with single 9el and 50W!
Some may say VHF Contesting is much more difficult than HF, I am not
sure about that, but it's certainly more hard work.

It is fact that most of DL,ON,PA,OK stations beam more east than west
but so far they are not to be blamed for that as we really don't seem to
be active enough. May be time for change?

Jiri M0ITY/OK2IT

Kind regards

Jiri Culak

LWSS Ltd.

13 Robjohns Road

CM1 3AG - Chelmsford

tel. 01245 251 500

jiri at lwss.co.uk

 LWSS Logo

The information contained in this E-mail is confidential and solely for
the intended addressee(s). Unauthorised reproduction, disclosure,
modification, and/or distribution of this email may be unlawful. If you
have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete it
from your system.