[UK-CONTEST] Precipitation Static

John Lemay john at carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 16:16:45 EDT 2008

Hello all

I can't answer Pete's question, but it brings another query to mind. We too
suffered static rain that weekend.

Are some aerials more prone to this problem than others ?

We had a pair of Cue Dee's up, and a pair of M Squared 5wl. Both were pretty
much equally affected.

The Cue Dee is gamma matched and the centre of the driven element is
connected to the boom and to the outer of the feeder. The M Squared is T
matched and has a balun.

Regards

John G4ZTR (G0VHF/P)