[UK-CONTEST] Nothing New Under the Sun

Chris G3SVL Chris at G3SVL.com
Thu Sep 18 05:29:52 EDT 2008

At 17:04 17/09/2008, Peter Hobbs wrote:
>..... and the (then) universal use of crystal controlled equipment
>would make skeds essential

That takes me back to my early days of crystal controlled tx in VHF
contests. I'm sure there are many who can remember ending the CQ call
with 'tuning high to low'. And getting that coveted tx crystal that
sat at the band edge to catch the tuners. And then some 'super stns'
would announce they could tune 'both ends in'!

And before Peter, G3RXP says it - yes I know I still owe you 10/- for
that band-edge 4m crystal!

73 Chris G3SVL aka A3783