[UK-CONTEST] 80m Contest Segments

Mike Farmer G3VAO at ARRL.net
Sun Apr 12 03:11:37 PDT 2009

I just did  the  UBA Spring Contest -  Before the contest as per usual there were a number of very strong ON stations engaged in "frequency warming".  One of then was almost 7khz wide so I told him - bad desision!  I got an ear bending in reply that said it was perfectly ok, no one else had said he was wide and it was for the contest.  Where does that rate in the arrogant scores listing? He did not get my call in his log during the contest.

I also noted that the RSGB news broadcasts (and there seems to be a lot of them) take place in what the band plan calls the contest prerfered segment would it not be setting a good example if they were changes to outside the segment. Perhaps the Contest Committee could take some action on that?

Mike
G3VAO