[UK-CONTEST] ROPOCO2 - G3BJ

Roger G3SXW g3sxw at btinternet.com
Sun Aug 2 11:28:35 PDT 2009

RoPoCo was one of my favourite contest long ago but the slow QSO rate (eg 60
in two hours) made it really boring. My theory is that the same (similar)
number of contesters are entering contests these days but easily managing
faster QSO rates by using better modern rigs and with snappier operating so
they finish working everyone on the band and then just twiddle their thumbs
for the last 30-60 minutes. Hence many contests could be shorter and I'm
pleased to hear that RoPoCo will come down from 120 to 90 minutes. This
could have happened years ago.
73 de Roger/G3SXW.