[UK-CONTEST] CW Sprint

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 14 03:26:00 PDT 2009

--- On Fri, 14/8/09, g4zfe at g4zfe.com <g4zfe at g4zfe.com> wrote:

> I enjoyed last nights CW sprint and would encourage more to
> try this
> type of contest.

I'm also a fan and just hope more will eventually join in to make it more worthwhile. A bit more 'education' still needed about the form of exchange to use in this type of contest; for a couple of minutes last night I worked a series of stations that *were* following the drill including being called without the need for cq/qrz? It was a sample of how smooth it could be given good conditions, a commanding signal(?) and folk following the recommended exchange pattern. Perhaps a few words from G3ZVW in his column...?

73,

Stewart Rolfe, GW0ETF

(A one man CC/Sprint band as far as CW goes in the Dragon club - given up now after much head banging and now do it for 'Club-GW0ETF'. Good luck to those clubs that can muster several ops - it's all part of the reasoning behind these contests so why should it be changed?)